COVID-19 Update - What Our Office Is Doing
Dear Valued Patient,
Atlantic Foot & Ankle Specialists is here for you. We remain open to serve your needs and provide a safe environment for your visit. At this unprecedented time in history, we want to stay in touch with you to keep you informed as we all deal with this crisis together. This is the first in a series of weekly communications we will be sending you to stay connected.
Atlantic Foot & Ankle Specialists has been closely monitoring information and recommendations from the CDC and Georgia Department of Health about the COVID-19, Coronavirus. Even before the outbreak, our medical staff already used standard infection control practices. By following current guidelines and recommendations, we have put extra protocols in place to reduce risk to our patients and medical staff members.
- We ask that any patient or family member, that displays symptoms such as cough, fever, shortness of breath, to reschedule appointments until they are free from symptoms for at least 24 hours. We ask this of our medical staff members as well.
- We are requiring all patients and visitors that enter practice, upon approaching the front desk, to please use hand sanitizer that is provided.
The CDC recommends to take everyday precautions to prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19 and influenza, by doing the following:
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are often touched.
- Take care of your health overall. Staying current on your vaccinations, including flu vaccine, eating well and exercising all help your body stay resilient.
- Consult the CDC's travel website for any travel advisories and steps to protect yourself if you plan to travel outside of the US.
For more information, check out the following:
CDC COVID-19 page
CDC travel notice
Atlantic Foot & Ankle Specialists